Sunday, February 19, 2012

Our Valentine

Me and Grace, we are a pair.  She surprised me by paying attention to some gun goodies I've been thinking about for Valentines Day.  I was interested in a Lone Wolf conversion barrel, from .40-9mm.  I have a Glock 22 (.40 Cal) and though I love it the ammo gets pricey.  9mm is just a bit cheaper to shoot and I believe Grace can handle the recoil easier than my .40 cal, which is a bit too snappy in her smallish hands.  So now I have a threaded 9mm barrel just begging for a suppressor ;)  Once I'm on my feet again I'll have to take it to the range and see how well it holds up.

I'll go into it in another post but one of the reasons I chose Glock over other offerings was that I knew I had the ability to change caliber cheaply.  From my .40 I can switch to .357 SIG or 9mm with a mere barrel swap costing about $125 each.  In the case of 9mm I also need to change magazines.  Simple.  My girlfriend loves me ;)  I'll post photos soon.  It locks up nicely, it's got a great finish and discreet markings, and being threaded my wanting of a suppressor grows greater.

I wanted to get something nice for her too of course.  She is in culinary school and hinted that our kitchenware was less than adequate and she has always wanted a nice quality set.  I wouldn't dare get her cookware without her input, so she helped pick out a Cuisinart 17-Piece.  Some inventory issues prevented it from arriving on time.  Both of our respective deliveries were late but we are both quite happy just the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment