Sunday, February 19, 2012

Firsties...

So.  Here it begins.  Why?  Because I just had a surgery put me down longer than I've ever been down and I've been kicking the idea of writing a little around in my head and just haven't committed to doing it yet.  What do I hope to accomplish?  Nothing major, just a place to commit some thoughts, and maybe push my own ideas from my head into reality.  Maybe reader's will relate, maybe learn a thing or two, or maybe I'll get offered advice to save time and trouble.  Time will tell.

What can be expected here?  Musings on news, links to things that catch my
interest, some firearms projects I'm working on, some other topics.  I'll post on some recent happenings people may find interesting leading up to current events and then do more real-time events.

More on myself.  'whskee' is a old nick-name from my team, it's not going to be discussed why that came to be and few souls know the story, which I won't be sharing.  Don't bother.  It stuck and I took a liking to it.  I live in Virginia Beach, and am from the Hampton Roads area originally.  Luck would have it my orders have placed me here twice.  My last duty station was in Mississippi on the border of Louisiana and there were fond memories made there.  I found my ever loving and patient girlfriend, Grace, while there, herself from Gulf Shores, AL, who was then living in Hattiesburg, MS.  Our relationship blossomed and she agreed to move to Virginia with me.  Now she is a culinary student and working at a high-class restaurant and bar here.  We are accompanied by my dog 'Soco' the Red Heeler mix.  He is as loyal a companion as there can be and very well looked after.

No comments:

Post a Comment