Monday, February 20, 2012

Lone Wolf .40-9mm Conversion

I mentioned previously my reasons for choosing a Glock handgun in .40 Cal.  One of those reasons was the ability to cheaply change caliber from .40 Cal to either 9mm or .357SIG.  My wonderful girlfriend purchased the 9mm conversion for me as a Valentines Day gift.  This is my review of it.

As arrived, via regular postal mail in a brown envelope.
The barrel arrived quickly, and discreetly packaged in a small brown envelope.  It was discreet enough that when me and Grace picked up the mail I had no clue what it was.  The purchase price on the site for this particular version is $139.95 and the silver stock length price is $109, very affordable in my mind.  Other options include a 5.37" dual-port version and a silver threaded version also 5".
Black-Oxide coated .40-9mm 5.03" 1/2x28 threaded barrel
This stamp is under the barrel.  This is the discreet marking option.
Chambering is nice and tight, 9mm on top, .40 bottom.  The .40 OEM tolerance is looser with slight slop if I try to wiggle the cartridge around.  The Lone Wolf chamber is more supported.
Size comparison 9mm top, .40 bottom.  This is for a Glock 22.
This is showing the 9mm lockup to the slide.  It fits exactly like the OEM .40
This is how the G22 RTF Gen3 looks with the 9mm conversion installed.

Installation is effortless, you simply field strip and replace barrels.  Easy.  The only thing you need worry over is YOU MUST USE 9mm MAGAZINES.  The magazines for the G17, 17rd capacity are the ones you want to fit the frame.  I cycled the slide with 9mm loaded to see how well it cycled dry, and rounds fed and ejected effortlessly.  I'm confident it will run great on the range.  Now I've got an itch to get this puppy suppressed....

No comments:

Post a Comment