Saturday, February 25, 2012

Criminals amaze me... 173 firearms, 1 man

I do my best to follow the laws and to keep myself on the right side of the law...even if I don't agree with them.  I am currently in Washington D.C. and unarmed other than my EDC folder, a CRKT M21-14SFG, a fine and sturdy folder IMHO.  I don't make a lot of disposable money to afford the firearms, ammunition, and range time that I desire.  So when I hear that a criminal has 173 firearms including EIGHT machine guns...I might be a little jealous.  Emily Miller here in D.C. could have broken the law and acquired a pistol illegally overnight from just this sort of person, but documented going the legal way instead.  To qoute her article on success:

"After months of aggravation, hundreds of dollars in fees, countless hours jumping over hurdles, I am now a gun owner and finally exercising my second amendment right to keep arms (bearing arms is still illegal in the nation’s capital)."

When will people understand that criminals don't care about the laws, and the laws are hindering honest and law-abiding people?  I hope the situation get's better for us respectful of the laws of the land...

1 comment:

  1. We have been wishing for the same thing. But looks like the laws are really making it harder and harder for the law-abiding citizens to practice their second amendment right to keep arms. I'm still hopeful that things will turn around though. Let's keep hoping for the best.

    indoor shooting range ga

    ReplyDelete