Sunday, July 7, 2013

US Cavalry Ch. 11 Filing

I just saw an email come in from US Cavalry stating that they have filed for a Chapter 11 Bankruptcy.  This while I'm patiently waiting for an order I placed almost a month ago.  At least that order was partially filled, 1 of 3 pieces shipped, I do hope the rest get here quick now...

I've visited their store in Kentucky outside of Fort Knox quite a few times on training trips, and usually found my wallet beaten and bruised after.  Don't get me wrong, they usually had decent and sometimes great prices, but I suffer from 'That-would-be-nice-itus' and snatched up some good kit.  I've been getting their catalogue in the mail for years and I'm going to miss getting that surprise nugget in the mail.  Let's hope they come out of this for the better, I would hate to see them go under.  I think with the sequester more of us will be paying out of pocket for decent kit again, and it would've meant some continued business for them.

**UPDATE** Well, I guess they sent out some courtesy emails regarding delayed orders.  I should have my remaining goodies in about 15 more days.  In all, 2 months total time if it arrives when they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment